Read SCF guess wfn from external (previously generated) files

Hi,

I am new to psi4 and am having a question about how to read in initial guess wfn. Below is my input:

memory 4000 mb
molecule mol {
    0 3
	O          1.09800       -0.01685        0.05354
	O          2.24893       -0.01685        0.05354
    }
set basis 6-31g*
set puream false
set reference uhf
set scf_type direct
set guess read
e, wfn = energy('scf', molecule=mol, return_wfn=True, restart_file="./psi-wfn.npy") 
molden(wfn, 'psi4-out.molden')
wfn.to_file('psi-wfn-new')

But it does not seem to use the guess wfn (psi-wfn.npy) and still needs 12 cycles to converge (I kept the same basis set and method in this test).

SCF Guess: Superposition of Atomic Densities via on-the-fly atomic UHF.

I also did a comparison test where I have these two subsequential jobs in the same input file, and I found the second job loaded the wfn file from the previous job.

Do I need to change the naming of the wfn file to a specific format? Or does psi4 currently support reading .npy (or other types of the wfn files) from different jobs? Thanks in advance for you help!

Note added. I also raised an issue on github (https://github.com/psi4/psi4/issues/1936). Then I found this place. Sorry for the trouble.

Update: I found I could read the wfn file (.npy) by doing:

wfn_loaded = psi4.core.Wavefunction.from_file("psi-wfn.npy")

But I am still unsure about how I can feed this wfn_loaded as an initial guess for an energy calculation.

Best,
Chenru

I found the issue. It is because the name of the wfn file does not match the exact naming convention required.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.