Forum suggestions

$E_{int} = E_{dimer} - E_{monA} - E_{monB}$

$$\mid\psi_0\rangle=\sum_{i=0}^{N}c_{0i}\mid\phi_i\rangle$$

$$\sum_{i = 0}^\infty$$ Presentation mode activate!

Please let me know if/when DNS is finally working for those of you outside the obviously technologically more advanced Virginia Tech campus. :smile: We want to move links away from using the IP address of the forum as early as possible.

It’s working for me off campus now. I’ll report on the status at GaTech tomorrow. Considerable fun was had this afternoon seeking badges.

DNS is still not working from GaTech’s campus. The logo has re-disappeared as well.

DNS even works on 4G.

@crawdad is there any reason we shouldn’t start having people post to the forum? I’ve had a couple e-mail threads in the past couple days, even, that could be useful as topic posts.

Apart from the tiny logo and the DNS issues, I don’t see any problem with opening the forum. Can folks at Georgia Tech finally see the name?

At GaTech,

• favicon works fine all around
  • logo works on main page, but this thread has generic discourse logo
  • forum.psicode.org still not working so using IP. but not too annoying

I fixed the logo on the individual post pages (I think). It was apparently controlled by the small-logo url entry.

I like Lori’s new front-page logo. Its width is better suited to the top bar style than the square version.

I tried ripping off my blue color scheme from psicode.org just to make the forum look a little less generic, but it looked terrible. Anyone have any suggestions on ways to customize the site for a more PSI-ish look?

I had a lot of compiling to do, so here’s another color scheme. I’m not particularly convinced of its merits- feel free to revert. And /uploads/default/original/1X/19e70674bcce1833bf1b9d41cf6165f6062a82af.png
is the logo you like, or I can re-set it.

1 Like

I think this looks good. Thanks, Lori!

Ok, great on the theme.

On accessibility, I can toggle “forum.psicode.org” working and not working from home by dwactivating and activating the lab vpn, in case that’s useful for testing.

I don’t know if it is supposed to be working, but forums.psicode.org is not working from GATech.

That aside, like the new color scheme.

The DNS entries should have propagated by now, so I don’t know why the GT nameservers aren’t seeing the entries. I’ve written to the discourse support asking if they have ideas.

Another interesting quirk on the GATech computers is that the top blue bar that looks good, doesn’t seem to work when I scroll down the page. In particular, if I’m at the top of the page it displays fine, but otherwise shows the icon for missing picture.

Edit: I don’t know the difference between the composite particles of nuclei and peculiar behaviors.

Confirm that access through GaTech VPN still requires IP address.

No, @crawdad, I’ve been using the singular forum.psicode.org all along, and it doesn’t work.

Access to forum.psicode.org through both GaTech’s internet and David’s VPN now work. Seems that DNS finally propagated.

1 Like