Error during the make step 'libderiv_library'

I am facing the following error during the make step ‘libderiv_library’. The Psi4 files are from May 14, 2017, 07:35. The system is Opensuse 42.2, the Gnu compiler version is 6.2.1.
After completing the step ‘libint_library’, make says:

Scanning dependencies of target libderiv_compiler
[ 53%] Creating directories for ‘libderiv_compiler’
[ 56%] No download step for ‘libderiv_compiler’
[ 59%] No patch step for ‘libderiv_compiler’
[ 62%] No update step for ‘libderiv_compiler’
[ 65%] Performing configure step for ‘libderiv_compiler’
loading initial cache file /home/koput/psi4-master/objdir/external/upstream/libint/libint_external-prefix/src/libint_external-build/src/libderiv_compiler-prefix/tmp/libderiv_compiler-cache-release.cmake
– The C compiler identification is GNU 6.2.1
– Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc-6
– Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc-6 – works
– Detecting C compiler ABI info
– Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
– Detecting C compile features
– Detecting C compile features - done
– Configuring done
– Generating done
– Build files have been written to: /home/koput/psi4-master/objdir/external/upstream/libint/libint_external-prefix/src/libint_external-build/src/libderiv_compiler-prefix/src/libderiv_compiler-build
[ 68%] Performing build step for ‘libderiv_compiler’
Scanning dependencies of target libderiv_compiler
[ 11%] Building C object CMakeFiles/libderiv_compiler.dir/build_libderiv.c.o
[ 22%] Building C object CMakeFiles/libderiv_compiler.dir/emit_d1hrr_build_macro.c.o
[ 33%] Building C object CMakeFiles/libderiv_compiler.dir/emit_deriv1_managers.c.o
[ 44%] Building C object CMakeFiles/libderiv_compiler.dir/emit_deriv_build_macro.c.o
[ 55%] Building C object CMakeFiles/libderiv_compiler.dir/emit_d1hrr_build.c.o
[ 66%] Building C object CMakeFiles/libderiv_compiler.dir/emit_deriv12_managers.c.o
[ 77%] Building C object CMakeFiles/libderiv_compiler.dir/emit_deriv_build.c.o
[ 88%] Building C object CMakeFiles/libderiv_compiler.dir/mem_man.c.o
[100%] Linking C executable libderiv_compiler
[100%] Built target libderiv_compiler
[ 71%] Performing install step for ‘libderiv_compiler’
[100%] Built target libderiv_compiler
Install the project…
– Install configuration: “release”
– Installing: /home/koput/psi4-master/objdir/external/upstream/libint/libint_external-prefix/src/libint_external-build/stage/home/koput/psi4/bin/libderiv_compiler
[ 75%] Completed ‘libderiv_compiler’
[ 75%] Built target libderiv_compiler
Scanning dependencies of target libderiv_library
[ 78%] Creating directories for ‘libderiv_library’
[ 81%] Performing download step for ‘libderiv_library’
CMake Error at /home/koput/psi4-master/objdir/external/upstream/libint/libint_external-prefix/src/libint_external-build/src/libderiv_library-prefix/src/libderiv_library-stamp/libderiv_library-download-release.cmake:16 (message):
Command failed: 1

‘/home/koput/psi4-master/objdir/external/upstream/libint/libint_external-prefix/src/libint_external-build/stage/home/koput/psi4/bin/libderiv_compiler’

See also

/home/koput/psi4-master/objdir/external/upstream/libint/libint_external-prefix/src/libint_external-build/src/libderiv_library-prefix/src/libderiv_library-stamp/libderiv_library-download-*.log

src/CMakeFiles/libderiv_library.dir/build.make:88: recipe for target ‘src/libderiv_library-prefix/src/libderiv_library-stamp/libderiv_library-download’ failed
make[5]: *** [src/libderiv_library-prefix/src/libderiv_library-stamp/libderiv_library-download] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:91: recipe for target ‘src/CMakeFiles/libderiv_library.dir/all’ failed

The last version compiled successfully (with the same compilers) was from Feb 10 15:47.

I would greatly appreciate any hint.

Kind regards,
Jacek

continued:

the libderiv_library-download-out.log says at the very end:

Maximum stack size is reached. Change MAXNODE and recompile.

The question: where MAXNODE is set?

Thanks,
Jacek

I can confirm the same build failure on CentOS 7 when trying to compile the git source with MAX_AM_ERI = 7 using:
cmake-3.8.1
– The C compiler identification is Intel 17.0.4.20170411
– The CXX compiler identification is Intel 17.0.4.2017041
– Found Python 3.5: /usr/local/bin/python3.5 (found version 3.5.2)
My last successful build from git was on March 31

MAXNODE is defined in a couple of libinit files:
https://github.com/psi4/libint/blob/master/src/libint_compiler/emit_order.c
https://github.com/psi4/libint/blob/master/src/libderiv_compiler/emit_deriv1_managers.c
https://github.com/psi4/libint/blob/master/src/libderiv_compiler/emit_deriv12_managers.c

Hope this helps to troubleshoot further

I cant help but I remember I saw something about this on github.

Here it is:

The last entry suggests it might be fixed?

It seems to me that @loriab update “Bumps libint to ~v1.2.1” earlier today fixed the issue, at least for -DMAX_AM_ERI=7 builds. I am pulling in libint with “#define MAXNODE 200000” right now. Thank you!

Yes, the new one works to at least MAX_AM_ERI=8. Or you can just grab prebuilt 6, 7, or 8 from https://anaconda.org/psi4/libint/files .

Thanks Lori. It works fine.

W dniu 2017-05-16 09:52, Lori A. Burns napisał(a):

loriab [1]
May 16

Yes, the new one works to at least MAX_AM_ERI=8. Or you can just grab prebuilt 6, 7, or 8 from Files :: Anaconda.org .

Visit Topic [2] or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here [3].

Links: