Problems with Framework/Accelerate/LAPACK and anaconda on newer Mac OS versions

(I am sorry if editing the title/main body of a post is frowned upon. However, research into my problem has refined my knowledge somewhat.)

I have a problem. I have installed psi4 using anaconda, python 2.7, on macos. Version 1.1 did not run at all (“Illegal Instruction: 4”), so I presume that there is some binary compiled for newer operating systems only. I downgraded to psi4 1.0, and running psi4 in command line works fine.

My problem now: when importing psi4 as a module in Python, I get the following error, pasted below. From this post, it seems that some cleanup by Apple in their LAPACK library leads to problems, breaking the binaries, as there are linking assumptions that are no longer true.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

>>> import psi4
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/simen/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psi4.so, 2): Symbol not found: _DGESV_
  Referenced from: /Users/simen/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psi4.so
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions /A/libBLAS.dylib
 in /Users/simen/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psi4.so
>>>

Yes, working on Illegal Instruction 4 (see Installer thread). The 1.0 binary won’t do you any good, because import psi4 wouldn’t work in 1.0 (or rather, it’d work but only import the cpp stuff, which is far less useful than py+cpp, which is what 1.1 import psi4 gets you).

That lapack error was why the 1.0 Mac binary was marked experimental for so long – never really sure what was the difficulty.

Thanks! I have also replied to your reply in the other thread. Currently trying to recompile.