Problem regarding installing psi4 on MacOS

Hi,

I wanted to install Psi4 on my MacBook Pro with version BigSur (11.6.5). I tried downloading through conda and source, and it seems like there is version conflict issue that makes these two paths unsuccessful. I then tried using the installer, while all previous steps worked well, I was stuck on the last “psi4 --test”, where my computer always complained “zsh: command not found: psi4”. Could anyone help me with this issue? Thanks!

Hmm, if you tried a conda install first, then probably you have an existing anaconda or miniconda installation, and that’s registered in your ~/.<something>rc (like ~/.bash_profile or ~/.zshrc) file. Then if you ran the psi4 installer, that behaves much like a miniconda installation, so probably it registered, too. I’d try which conda python psi4 and check out your rc files to figure out what’s active.

Update:

Problem resolved by referencing the psi4 executable. After I cd into the psi4conda directory and run exact same command but just with bin/psi4, everything worked out.

Hi Ioriab,

Thanks for your reply! I tried which conda python psi4 though it still replies psi4 not found. Fortunately I’ve resolved the problem by referencing the executable.

1 Like