Error on building psi4 from source

I use window subsystem linux ubuntu 18.04
when I build psi4 from source using conda,
I have an error
on make step
It couldn’t find libdl.
How I could solve this error?

I build psi4 from source because I need higher anguler momentum to study general chemistry’s crystal

Can you post the log? @loriab might have a higher AM libint around.

There is a an AM=8 libint conda package, but because of a few lines, you’d have to rebuild psi4 anyways to use it.

/lib64/libdl.so is a very fundamental library to any linux system. Sure you don’t have it?

I have libdl-2.27.so (in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/) and libdl.so (in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/)
But when I build psi4, build psi4-core step ‘make’ cannot find libdl.
Thank you.
Without libdl problem, everything is passed in make step.
But make pytest step to test built psi4, I got plugin not supported on your platform error.

plugin not supported is missing dlfcn.h. if you don’t need plugins (e.g., v2rdm snsmp2), it’s not a problem.

you can try adding -L/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu to the link line.

Could you say where is link line? or I just add -L/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu to ‘Makefile’?
Thank you.

have to add it to <objdir>/psi4-core-prefix/src/psi4-core-build/src/CMakeFiles/core.dir/link.txt as that’s the final link line. be aware that this’ll get overwritten any time cmake config is rerun.

I add -L/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu in link.txt
And I do make pytest step
I got these message.
And This is my link file. link.txt (3.3 KB)

================================================= test session starts ==================================================
platform linux – Python 3.6.2, pytest-3.2.1, py-1.4.34, pluggy-0.4.0 – /home/lis1331/psi4conda/envs/p4dev/bin/python
cachedir: …/…/…/.cache
rootdir: /home/lis1331/Downloads/psi4, inifile:
collecting 0 items / 1 errors Psi4 already initialized.
collecting 0 items / 2 errors Psi4 already initialized.
collecting 0 items / 3 errors Psi4 already initialized.
collected 0 items / 4 errors

======================================================== ERRORS ========================================================
_________________________________ ERROR collecting tests/pytest/test_aaa_profiling.py __________________________________
…/…/…/tests/pytest/test_aaa_profiling.py:5: in
import psi4
…/…/stage/home/lis1331/psi4/lib/psi4/init.py:83: in
from .driver import endorsed_plugins
…/…/stage/home/lis1331/psi4/lib/psi4/driver/endorsed_plugins.py:33: in
import v2rdm_casscf
/home/lis1331/psi4conda/envs/p4dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/v2rdm_casscf/init.py:39: in
psi4.core.plugin_load(sofile)
E RuntimeError:
E Fatal Error: Plugins are not supported on your platform.
E
E Error occurred in file: /home/lis1331/Downloads/psi4/psi4/src/psi4/libplugin/load_plugin.cc on line: 99
E The most recent 5 function calls were:
E
E psi::PsiException::PsiException(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >, char const*, int)
_____________________________________ ERROR collecting tests/pytest/test_addons.py _____________________________________
…/…/…/tests/pytest/test_addons.py:1: in
import psi4
import v2rdm_casscf
/home/lis1331/psi4conda/envs/p4dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/v2rdm_casscf/init.py:39: in
E RuntimeError:
E
E Error occurred in file: /home/lis1331/Downloads/psi4/psi4/src/psi4/libplugin/load_plugin.cc on line: 99
E
E psi::PsiException::PsiException(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >, char const*, int)
____________________________________ ERROR collecting tests/pytest/test_np_views.py ____________________________________
…/…/…/tests/pytest/test_np_views.py:7: in
import psi4
import v2rdm_casscf
E RuntimeError:
E
E
______________________________________ ERROR collecting tests/pytest/test_psi4.py ______________________________________
…/…/…/tests/pytest/test_psi4.py:1: in
import psi4
import v2rdm_casscf
E RuntimeError:
E
E

Thank you.

your system doesn’t support plugins and you’re getting errors on plugins — looks pretty rational. comment out the whole endorsed_plugin file to skip those, and try to run a real input file.

Thank you for your help.
I successfully build psi4 think you.

Sounds like you’re just missing the necessary development packages on your system. dl support is standard fare on all linux distributions.

Today I know why v2rdm_cassf only make plugin not support error when I build psi4 via conda.
Because …/v2rdm_cassf/init.py direct wrong psi4 system path.

It direct psi4_sys_path = ‘/home/lis1331/psi4conda/envs/p4dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages’ but /home/lis1331/psi4conda/envs/p4dev/lib/python3.6/site-packages/psi4 is not a valid directory.
How I fix it?
Thank you.

I change my environment to ‘REAL’ ubuntu 18.04 and I build psi4 with source via conda.
v2rdm_cassf plugin still makes ‘plugin not support in my platform error’
Do you have any idea why this error occurs?
Thank you.

Finally, I can use v2rdm casscf plugin with psi4 built from source.

1. I bulid psi4 from source.
  2. I download v2rdm casscf source file and compile with psi4 --plugin-compile.
    Wiredly, when I build psi4 from source with enable v2rdm casscf, It causes plugin not supported error.

Check its installer that main cause of this error or your installer is not working. So you need to reinstall on your system. I had the same issue with my window which I have solved with the help of https://babasupport.org/windows/windows-error-0x8024200b/. You can ask with your issue. I am sure that you get a good solution like me