Yes, I was attempting to build this on a Cray system with the GNU programming environment and default cc/CC compiler wrappers. It may be of note that CMake could not detect the default Cray LibSci math libraries. I had to make symlinks to the libsci.* files, renamed as liblapack.*, and point MATH_ROOT to those links. Also, I am just using a CMake binary from miniconda as the system cmake is too old (version 3.1).
I got the same errors attempting to build from a fresh objdir with the core library changed from SHARED to MODULE, as suggested.
However, I just found that setting CRAYPE_LINK_TYPE=dynamic may enable dynamic linking. Am trying one more time...I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks!